Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Off Campus, ON GWorld: Take-Out Spots

You may have already seen my blog on Off-Campus dining for more fancy fare, and I did one on DC's best pizza spots as well, but here are my picks for off-campus to-go places MINUS pizza, plus GWorld accessibility!


Crepeaway (2001 L St.) - Totally tasty crepes.  That's just about it.  Plus they deliver.  And even if they didn't, it's not a far walk.  My favorites are the Leila and the Carlyn, they're winners every time.

Figs Fine Foods (4828 MacAuthur Blvd.) - this spot's close to the Mount Vernon campus.  It's Lebanese/Mediterranean food, and their sandwiches have some really great combinations.  Gourmet kinda stuff like Lebanese fig jam with brie, pear, and walnuts or turkey, brie, and avocado with pesto mayo.  If something has either brie or avocado, I will usually order that, so those two options are DEFINITE winners.

Rumi Restaurant (2001 L St.) - (No website)  I've heard mixed reviews about Rumi, but I've loved it whenever I was there.  It's another Mediterranean spot, but I'd venture to say theirs is a bit more authentic than Figs is.  They have doner kebab which is mighty fine, and the souvlaki and gyros are always good as well.  AND delivery!

Mehran Restaurant (2138 Pennsylvania Ave.) - Indian and Pakistani food--delivered!  Great kebabs, naan, and they have CTM (see my off-campus dining post linked above for the meaning of that acronym!)  I'm also a fan of the Saag paneer.

DC Snacks is also on GWorld, but they may deserve their own post.  We'll see.

Keep emailing!  I love reader comments/questions!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment