Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lifehouse Concert at DAR Constitution Hall

A few weeks ago, I attended, with three of my friends the Lifehouse concert at the DAR Constitution Hall, the same venue that the Guster concert mentioned by another blogger was held. It was such a beautiful building, with an interesting story to go along with it (which I won’t get into since it was previously talked about on these blogs). So, I will just talk about the concert itself, which was fabulous! Also, the location could not have been better, since it was literally only a five minute walk from my dorm.

The first opening act was a girl named Alyssa Bernal and her band. I had never heard of them beforehand, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. There are a few songs that she sang that am considering downloading. My friends and I met one of the guitar players out in the hallway and got a picture with him:
The next opening act was Kris Allen, of American Idol. Of course he sang his song, Live Like We're Dying, which was a big hit with the audience. He also excellently sang cover versions to a few songs that I like, including Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears. Here is a small clip from this performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqlEgnaQOIg

And last but not least, Lifehouse! Lifehouse has been one of my favorite bands since I was 13, so needless to say, this was not my first Lifehouse concert and they never fail to impress me. They sang all of their famous songs, including classics like You and Me and Hanging by a Moment. They also sang some of their newer songs from their latest album, such as Halfway Gone and All In. They are a fantastic band to see live and I can’t wait to see them in concert again soon. This was one of the best concerts that I’ve been to in a while, and I go to quite a lot of them (example: I went to Summerfest, the world’s largest musical festival which is held in Milwaukee 7 out of the 9 days that it ran this past summer). Here are some pictures and videos from their amazing show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbsJq8B9EsE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsB-RLeH4U

Here is a picture of my friends and I who went:
(*all pictures are courtesy of Katie Crosby)

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment