Friday, November 19, 2010

HP7-1

Does the title of this post make sense to you?  Did you instantly understand exactly what I'm talking about, and experience a slight flutter in your heart upon the realization?  If so, you, like myself, belong to an elite group of intellectuals sharing a love for the same series of books.  You and I--we are Potterphiles.

Now on the scale of 1 to Crazy, I'm probably only like, a 6.  I didn't read any of the books more than once, and I don't even own all the DVDs.  I know people who are far more Potter-centric than I am.  Nonetheless, I saw the premiere last night at midnight in Georgetown.

No, I did not dress up, though I'll admit that for the 6th movie, my friends and I drew lightening bolts on our foreheads.  No costumes, though!  So that's still cool--right?  But there were some WEIRDOS there.  Like, fully decked out and wild, one girl was in a gown!  I'm really not sure how that was at all relevant, but there she was, nonetheless!

The theater was almost 100% GW and Georgetown students, as that theater is practically a midpoint between the 2 schools (Though we're closer [walking] by 5 minutes!  HAH!)  Kidding, there was no rivalry or animosity at all, it was just a bunch of Potter-lovers enjoying an event we've been waiting years and years for.

Don't you worry, I won't give anything away about the movies for those who haven't seen it, I'll just say that I'm very satisfied with how they handled the breaking up of the 7th book into 2 parts.  It could have been very messy, but instead it worked!  And even though I read the book, it was quite a while ago, so there was still suspense in a lot of parts!  And the jokes were A LOT less cheesey and teen angsty than the 6th movie.  Thank God for that!

I got back from Gtown this morning at 3:00 AM.  AND I STILL WENT TO MY 8AM CLASS!  Champion status right here.  Praise me.

... or just email me!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu for questions or comments!

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment