Monday, November 8, 2010

My (potential) Courses for Next Semester

I just realized that I've been doing so many posts tagged as "Academics" lately, mostly because registration is around the corner, and I've got course choices on the mind!  I'm sure current student-readers are the same.  If you're a prospective student, sorry if this isn't relevant to you!  But it certainly will be eventually!  And I would like to think it's shedding some light on the student experience, right?


REL 101W: The New Testament (WID) -- This will have been my second WID (stands for Writing in the Disciplines, I'll do a post on that soon!), so I'll be done with that requirement after this course is complete!  Woot!  I'm a religion minor, so this course will be integral, plus I prefer classes that are heavier on writing and less on tests, so I'm looking forward to this one.

FRE 2005: Language, Culture, and Society I -- This is the fifth class in the sequence of French classes.  I'm movin' on up!  Not much to say about that.

PERS 1002: Persian II -- I'm FINALLY moving along with my Farsi education!  I have a feeling I'm above level 2 since I've done a lot of work on my own in the language, but we'll see.  If it turns out that I am ahead of the class--oh well!  It'll be a grade-booster and good practice.  I couldn't even upgrade to level three because that's only offered Fall semesters for Farsi!  We'll see how all this goes, I'll let you know how I fare.

PSC 1001: Intro to Comparative Politics -- This is one of the General Curriculum Requirements (GCRs) for Elliott kids.  It's a good one, from what I've heard.  I'm not too thrilled about it, I feel like I could take it or leave it, but I've actually heard great things about the class, so I should get myself more pumped.  Watch it become my favorite class of the semester.  For this too, I'll keep you posted on happenings.

PSYCH 3154: Psychology of Crime and Violence -- This course is going towards my Criminal Justice minor.  I'm super excited about it.  I decided to take it after reading former blogger Vickie's post on her favorite classes, which I've realized that I reference SO OFTEN!  I've looked up the link to that blog like, 3 times.  It really solidified my choice in the major!  But yeah, I can't wait for this class.  Woooooo serial killers!!!  (haha???)

EXSA 1026: Karate -- Now this is just going to be fun.  No two ways about it.  Fun all around!  I can't wait!!!

And that's my schedule--HOPEFULLY.  I'll let you know if I get every class I'm hoping for!  I register Thursday, so expect a post on it then.  Also, I want to write a post on all the classes that I thought were really cool and I wish I had the room in my schedule to take!  So keep your eyes peeled!

Email me for any reason at all:  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment