Monday, November 8, 2010

Applications!

Hey guys, I'm sure that application season is well under way! As a senior at GW I know your stress of trying to balance the school work you need to do to keep up the good grades and the work you need to do with applications. It's important to get them in as soon as possible, provided you spent serious time to make sure that they are the best they can be, because many schools have rolling admissions or early decision options.
Remember that GW's early decision one date is fast approaching, November 10th. If you know that GW is your top spot, I would say go for it! For me the decision to come to GW was easy. Since the first time I parked on I Street on what used to be a vacant lot, but is going to be a wonderful Whole Foods, I knew that Foggy Bottom was the place for me. Looking back I focused on the cool classes and the distinguished faculty as well as the amazing location, just blocks away from the White House, State Department, Interior, and the new gorgeous headquarters for US Institute for Peace.  And yes the white roofing is the shape of a dove.

Recently, I have also been applying to law schools and some of the strategies from senior year have definitely been helpful. Even if you're feeling stuck, I would say make sure to request your transcripts and letters of recommendation. These are two essential items that you will need to be ready for wherever you apply. Also, if you're like me and can't decide on a personal statement a good tip might be just to pick two or three things that are important to you and just write about everything you remember. The hardest part is finding the right hook, after that the language and storytelling will flow.

As always please leave a comment or ask a question.
That's what we're here for!

-Paul
pwaters@gwmail.gwu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment