Friday, April 29, 2011

Finals Time is the Perfect Time for Coloring!

With final exams occurring, now is the time when stress relieving methods really come in handy. My personal favorite, one that I discussed last semester around finals time, is coloring. Yes, for me reverting to one of my childhood pastimes is an effective method. Well, that and watching coverage of the Royal Wedding that is on every major news channel. But back to coloring, while I was home for spring break, I discovered an old and never used Beauty and the Beast coloring book. Needless to say, I was excited, especially given my love for Disney movies. So, while taking breaks from writing an 8 page research paper for my writing class, I have been coloring, which for me, is a very mind-numbing thing. It does not require any heavy thinking, which is exactly what I am looking for. I also have a friend who is likewise an avid Disney and coloring fan and she was so jealous that I found this at my house, that I tore out some pages and gave her a little present on her door. She was obviously excited when she found them.
my stress reducer
As for my actual final exams, I am done with 2 out of 5 at this moment. Both my Violence and the Family class and Criminology class had the final exam on the last day of class, which in my opinion, is the greatest idea ever. As we speak, I am in the middle of writing my final exam research paper/ essay for Dance History (due this coming Tuesday, May 3) and it is slow going, aka lots of coloring breaks. My last 2 exams, Latin and Classical Mythology, are scheduled for May 5 and May 9 respectively. So I am out here in DC until the 10th. Unfortunately, both of my roommates and all of my teammates are done with exams and leave earlier than me. In fact, one of my teammates has been completely done and on summer vacation since Monday morning (all of her classes had the final exam on the last day of class)! So not fair! Oh well. 10 more days until I am officially on summer vacation!

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment