Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter/ End of GW Spring Volleyball Season

Happy Belated Easter! I hope you all had a wonderful day! Since Easter was so late this year, my family did not come out to visit me because they will be coming out in a few weeks to come help move me out of my dorm for the summer. This meant that I unfortunately was unable to spend the holiday with them, but I still had fun. I ended up going to mass at St. Patrick's on 10th and G Street, which is a beautiful old church with stained glass windows (I love stained glass windows), with 4 of my friends. The weather was so beautiful that we ended up walking back to campus after mass. Then later on in the day, I went over to my friends' rooms to dye and decorate easter eggs, but they did not turn out very well. Apparently, we should have used vinegar instead of water--at least according to our mothers--but we did not have any and the box said water worked too! Oh well, we now know better for next year. Following this slight disaster, my friend made Easter dinner with steak, baked potatoes, salad, etc. It was delicious! Unfortunately then I had to go back to my room and study for my final exam and finish my term paper which were both due/scheduled for the next day. All in all, it was a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Switching topics, as of Friday, GW volleyball's spring season has come to a close. While we finished our tournaments a few weeks ago, we continued to have both morning practices and conditioning/weight room workouts. This also means that I can sleep in for the rest of the year! Yay! I think everyone on my team is super excited for that fact. haha. It's funny because since Friday, the latest that my body has allowed me to sleep in was 7:40am. My body is so used to getting up early that I will have to train it to sleep in past that time! With the spring training over, it is now time to start our summer workout program (which we do on our own) so we can make sure to stay in shape all summer because preseason in August rolls around really quickly if you are unprepared. My countdown to fall preseason will begin soon! Stay tuned!
Me and a few of my teammates at the Naval Academy tournament this spring
Team in the weight room posing with NEGU bracelets for: http://www.facebook.com/jessicajoyrees

On a side note, GW Men's Basketball is now looking for a new head coach as of yesterday. You can read all about it here: GW Announces Release of Head Men's Basketball Coach Karl Hobbs

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment