Sunday, April 3, 2011

GW Spring Volleyball Tournament Results

As promised, here is my post about the GW tournament from yesterday. We ended up winning the entire tournament, beating Navy, George Mason, and Georgetown, with Georgetown being the toughest match of the day. While there is always room for improvement, everyone played really well. We had a fair amount of fans in the stands, not as many as we normally do since this is not our regular season, but they stands weren’t empty. Both my best friend’s parents and my roommate’s were in town for the cherry blossom 10 mile run and they all stopped by to watch my team play, so even though my sister Vickie is not in DC this year (but she will be next year!), I still had my own cheering section.

Almost every match of the day, except for our first one against Navy, went longer than expected and went to 3 games (tournaments are played best 2 out of 3), which put us a little behind schedule, causing our final match to end at 4pm rather than 3pm. The only reason I mention this is because my team had dinner reservations in Georgetown at Papa Razzi for5:30pm and we still had to change out of all of our gear, go back to our rooms, shower, get ready, and meet up before walking over. The restaurant was very good and not too long of a walk. I ordered the Gnocchi di Sorrento (or something like that, I can’t remember the exact name) and it was delicious. The reason for the team dinner outing was that we had a recruit that will be our teammate next year (this coming fall) visiting for the weekend and we wanted to spend some time with her as a team and eat yummy food at the same time. It was also fun to talk with our new coach outside of the gym. Overall, it was a very busy, but very fun Saturday.

P.S. Fun fact: According to Google, today is the 119th anniversary of the first documented Ice Cream Sundae.

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment