Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 White House Easter Egg Roll

Yesterday I was up at the crack of dawn to volunteer at the White House Easter Egg Roll for the second year in the row.

This year I was a exit directional volunteer, so I guided all of the guests to their wooden eggs (see picture below.)




It was great to see all of the kids in their cute dresses or suits with smiles from ear to ear.

Some of the guests were Colbie Calliet, Elmo and the Cast of Sesame Street, Cody Simpson, Greyson Chance, and many more!

The first family made an appearance in the morning celebrating the holiday and urging everyone to GET UP AND GO!


Despite the rain the night before, the sun quickly dried up the lawn and was beating down throughout the day!  I unfortunately got a little sunburned, but nothing a day or two won't cure...

Everyone that volunteers for the Easter Egg Roll is always super excited to be there, despite the early morning wake up call. There are some volunteers that have being doing it for decades! (I hope to continue my volunteering for as long as possible!)

Today is the chalk in!  Hopefully I will take some pictures and post them here!  Also the Battle of the A Capella Bands is Thursday (my favorite event ever!!!) so I will be sure to post  a video or two. Oh and the Admissions end of the year party is Wednesday! So much to do so little time!  I will be sure to keep all of you updated on my happenings!

Email me!!!!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment