Saturday, April 30, 2011

Six Flags?! Not This Year...

Ever since Six Flag's Fright Fest ended in October and I was unable to go due to my extremely busy volleyball schedule, I wrote down in my calendar when the amusement park reopened in the spring (April 16) so that I could plan a fun-filled day with my friends just as a did last year in late April/ early May. Because of everyone's finals schedule and when people leave, unfortunately we are not going to Six Flags, which greatly disappoints me since it was so fun last year. Hopefully, we can squeeze in a day in October. But even if we can't, thankfully there is a Six Flags on the Wisconsin-Illinois border, only about 40 minutes away from my house, so I can get my fix of roller-coasters during the summer (I love, love, love roller-coasters). Here are a few pictures from last year's adventure:
The Joker's Jinx

Six Flags America is near DC is in Baltimore, Maryland, which is between 40-65 minutes away from campus. It is an extremely easy trip there, just take the metro towards Maryland all the way until the end of the line and then catch one of the buses (I do not remember which exact one at the moment) for a 10-20 minute drive and then the bus drops you off directly in front of Six Flags America. Last year, tickets were on sale, with some deal like buy one, get one free or something similar so we were very pleased to save money since we are poor college students. Each Six Flags usually has different roller-coasters and this particular Six Flags had a lot of really good ones, much to my satisfaction. In case you have been there or go there in the future, my favorite coasters were Superman: Ride of Steel and Batman's Batwing.   If I had to choose just one, it would for sure be Superman. I would definitely recommend spending a day there if you love roller-coasters. Here is the park's website if you want more info: Six Flags America.

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment