Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crunch Time

Hi everyone! It's getting to that time in the semester where classes are meeting for their final sessions, exam reviews are being planned, final papers are due, and exams are approaching quickly! It's crazy how fast this semester has gone by. I'm also sad as I will by studying abroad in the fall, once I leave in May I won't be returning to campus until next January. It is a really strange feeling but a really exciting one as many of my friends are also going abroad and it will be great to hear about their experiences in the spring when we all live together again.

Last night, I finished working on a 2000 word paper which is the final paper for my United States' Diplomatic History course. It is an option for Elliott school students to take to fill the requirement of U.S. history. This paper is worth 25% of my grade and I am on the edge between two grades right now so I have been working diligently on it for the past week. But like usual, it came down to the wire last night and I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked. Thankfully, my dad offered to do one last read through of my essay for me which was really helpful to catch the things I was continually looking over! As I waited for him to offer some suggestions, I watched part of a FRONTLINE: "Sick Around the World" documentary which I really recommend and it was a great educational distraction from paper-writing : )

While it is sad that this semester is coming to a close, I am really excited for what is in store this summer as well as in Chile in the fall. I'll keep you guys updated through the next few weeks on my workload, finals, fun distractions, and how the GW campus changes (basically, people who I never knew existed emerge from their dorms and move into the library).

Continue to email me your questions! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment