Friday, April 22, 2011

Quick Trips Off-Campus

This morning, I decided to wake up early- but not to study. Every so often, especially in the change of season, I try to figure out a Friday morning when I can travel out to Pentagon City mall. It's on the blue line metro, only a few stops away from Foggy, but you have to time it right so you're not waiting for a train for 10+ minutes. I also like to get to the mall right when it opens at 10 AM so I can avoid the lunchtime/afternoon crowd. The funny thing about the mall is that you can get right off the metro and it puts you into a tunnel directly in the mall- there is no need to go above ground and outside! It's nice when it's raining but also a bit strange.
The mall is huge!!
Today, I traveled out there with two of my friends. Both of them needed formal dresses for their sorority functions (one is in a Greek sorority and one is in a community service sorority). I needed some new shoes as my flats are falling apart (legitimately.. the sole is one third detached. Fabulous). We got lunch at Noodles and Company and then headed back to campus. It was a great little trip and a needed relief from on campus stress!

As always, email me! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment