Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Some of my Favorite Moments

As a senior looking back on my time at GW, I wanted to share some of my favorite moments throughout my years at GW.  I am not sure how many blogs will be in this series, but stay tuned for more!

The GW Float!

By far, one of my favorite times at GW was building and riding the GW Float during the 2008 Inaugural Parade.  I was able to work with students across the university and administrative leaders to represent GW on the national (and international stage).  We worked together to using our different experiences, resources, and talents to build the best float EVER!!!! We had the longest, bestest (yes I said it), most wonderful float in the parade!

You cannot imagine the layers of clothing I wore while building and riding the float, but despite the below freezing temperatures, it was all worth the pain to be part of such an historical event.  I met so many people I wouldn't have in other situations and have a great story to tell!  Very few people are willing to put the design, building, and staffing of a float like this almost solely in the hands of students.  GW trusted us and it paid off!

I could not have had this experience at any other university and I am grateful to GW for allowing me to have this once in a lifetime opportunity!

I will keep reminiscing on some of my favorite moments at GW throughout the coming month so STAY TUNED!!

Don't forget to email me if you have any questions!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment