Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Life in 3 Blogs: Act II

Hello all!

After my adventures in Costa Rica, a good friend of mine came to visit from Cornell. She, her friend, and I took a walk down to the National Mall on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Her friend had never been to Washington DC before so I of course insisted that we go to the Mall. We walked down to Lincoln and sat down on the edge, along with many other tourists, to take in some sunshine. I was happy it was sunny so my tan wouldn't fade too fast (although it's pretty much gone now...). The next day, my friend Amy had a bunch of friends over for a potluck dinner to introduce us to her British boyfriend, James. We drank Pimms, an English drink that's kind of like fruity lemonade, and had some really yummy food. Starting school again after a wonderful spring break was pretty rough. But, I made it.

It is a GORGEOUS day here in the District! The sun is shining and there's a nice breeze--shorts weather! While it is beautiful today, just a couple days ago--this weekend to be exact--it was quite chilly and rainy. On Saturday,  I was lucky enough to travel with three Admissions Directors and a professor to two Spring Receptions at high schools in Connecticut. We had a great weekend, presenting GW to prospective juniors and their families. So I have to do a shout out to anyone (if there is anyone out there reading this...???) from CT! We had an awesome time in your state! I was very impressed with the students, and most of them stayed after to speak with us and showed genuine interest in GW, which was fantastic. I was happy to help answer questions and give prospective students a better picture of life as a GW student. That said, if anyone has questions, as always, feel free to leave comments or email me at abby5532@gwmail.gwu.edu or any of us bloggers!

Also HAPPY APRIL FOOLS! See Google's April Fools article here. Check out The Hatchet's front page today:
Have a good day!

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment