Saturday, April 17, 2010

Touring the White House Gardens!

The other day at work, one of the staffers asked if I'd be interested in 2 tickets to see the White House Gardens.  Needless to say, I was happy to take them off her hands.  So today, my friend Josh and I had a lovely (and somewhat exclusive) opportunity to see the grounds!

The White House from the South Lawn, of course
Sasha & Malia's swingset!  (We were SO tempted to play on it)


Michelle's vegetable garden

Purdy, no?  It was a gorgeous day, and the perfect time to see the gardens in all their glory! 

Now, I said "somewhat exclusive" before because you did need special tickets to be allowed on the grounds.  And because I got my tickets from a Congressional office, I had "Special Guest" tickets, which was cool.  They were yellow as opposed to the blue ones I saw other people carrying.  But nonetheless, the lines were LONG.  Our line moved rather quickly, but it was two blocks long when we first got on.  One of the security personnel there told us that this year, more garden tour tickets were given out than any other!  So Thanks, Mr. President, I had a great time!

Email me?  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment