Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Email Response Blog!


As you may see in Kim's post, we bloggers received an email from a prospective student yesterday, and we're all taking it upon ourselves to answer (if possible, it is finals after all!) in our own ways, to help out with her position as much as we can.  

Here was the question: I am having a really hard time deciding what school to attend this fall and had a few questions.  I was wondering what your favorite and least favorite things are about GW. Also, would you still go to GW if you had a chance to do it over again?

To answer your last question first, I would most definitely choose GW again if I could do it over again.  In fact, now that I've been here and seen how much I love it, I would be even swifter in my response.  Truthfully, I was skeptical about coming to DC.  I was afraid of the distance from home, about city living, and about the school in general.

Least favorite thing about going to GW: People saying "Oh--the rich kid's school?" or something of that nature when I tell them where I go.  It just isn't true, and there are petty and off-putting stereotypes that go along with those connotations.  Personally, I wouldn't have been able to come here if not for financial aid--and I'm one of MANY here!

Favorite thing about going to GW: This is too hard.  I am really and truly happy here.  I love the people, the atmosphere, and of course, the city.  So maybe that's it--the campus?  That can't be right.  OH!  The opportunities.  That covers a bunch of bases.  That's a good one, I'll stick to it.  (Forgive my verbal flotsam, I don't feel like editing that now, I just wrote a paper that kicked my *expletive*)

And there we go, hope that answered your question to your liking!  We all love emails, if you want to get in touch with me, I'm always checking ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~ Shireen 

No comments:

Post a Comment