Thursday, April 8, 2010

Working at Commencement Ceremonies

Good news, everyone!  I got the job to work at GW’s Commencement!  I’ll be working at Commencement itself, as well as the many events leading up to the big day on May 16th.  I’m super excited that I get to make some money before summer, and that I get to stay in DC for an extra week!  I’ll be leaving the 16th or the 17th, so when I’m not working, I’ll have a bit more time to explore the city, without the burden of school work or exams!

Along with that, MICHELLE OBAMA IS SPEAKING AT COMMENCEMENT!  I’ll be taking a million zillion pictures, and if I’m able, I’m totally going to finagle a handshake from the First Lady.  If that means getting tackled by the Secret Service, so be it.***

So I’ll be making money, living in DC an extra few days, and doing loads of manual labor in the hot DC sun!  Wooooooooo!  I really am excited though.  I’m all about that stuff.  Moving sets of chairs and heavy objects and all that jazz—I’ve done loads of volunteer work involving just that in my day, so getting paid and seeing the First Lady for the same kinda work?  Ah-mazing.

And in case y’all didn’t know, it’s because of community service that we have this opportunity!  GW students participated in 100,000 hours of service work to meet Michelle Obama’s challenge, and we certainly did rise to the challenge!  I'm proud of you, GWU!  You made it possible for me to maybe meet the First Lady!  Maybe.

Also, I really really do enjoy emails from y'all!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

*** THIS STATEMENT WAS PURELY FOR COMEDIC VALUE, I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF PARTAKING IN ANYTHING THAT WOULD POTENTIALLY THREATEN THE SECURITY OF THE FIRST LADY OR WARRANT TACKLING BY THE SECRET SERVICE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment