Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Visiting the Canadian Embassy!

Today, I had the amazing opportunity to attend an event at the Canadian embassy!  Embassies have a lot of events that are open to the public, and today's was a part of the DC Filmfest.  My friend and I, both huge movie lovers, weren't really that interested in seeing the movie, but the prospect of seeing it at the embassy was too cool to pass up!  Incidentally, the movie turned out to be ok!  Definitely not my favorite of the film festival, and I'm not sure I'd recommend it to everyone, but a good film altogether.  And of course we loved hobnobbing with fellow foreign film aficionados.  AND CANADIANS!  

Here are the movie details, courtesy of IMDB: 

J'ai Tué Ma Mère (I Killed My Mother) - Canada.  A semi-autobiographical story about Dolan (the director) as a young homosexual at odds with his mother.

It had a lot of complaining.  I mean, is your mother THAT bad, kid?  I dunno, I'm not sure I was convinced.  But then again, the viewer probably isn't supposed to hate hate her.  I guess I could go on about this for a while.  Point is, I went to the Canadian Embassy this evening!  


And that's all she wrote!


Keep those emails a-flowin: shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu


<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment