Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Annual Post

Every year around this time I share one of my favorite-nonGW events...the Cherry Blossom Festival!

This year I feel like there are even more tourists from around the country and around the globe visiting the District to see these beautiful flowers.  I was able to go to the Kite Festival last weekend where students, adults, and children all come out to fly their kites.  It is one day of the year that we are all the same age....6. You can look up and see the beauty of the colors, shapes, and crazy things in the sky.

My friend Phil was in town and he was able to fly his first kite! I was able to take this perfect picture with the Smithsonian Castle in the background.

This past weekend I was able to go down to the mall and sit with a friend after a long day at work and enjoy the scene and the flower.  We were also there for the sunset so I was able to capture some great pictures.  I have posted them below so they can be a bit bigger than normal.

The Cherry Blossoms are a part of DC that cease to amaze me every time.  There are so many beautiful flowers on one tree that you cannot even imagine it!

I hope you all get to come out here to enjoy the Festival as a GW student!

Don't forget to sign up for an April Visit Day if you are an admitted student and want to make one last visit before making your decision!  You can sign up through gwapplication.gwu.edu

Also, don't forget to email me with any questions!  I have been getting great and insightful questions from a few of you and I would love to hear from you!  kwollner@gwu.edu


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment