Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...

Well, in my mind it is officially the beginning of summer... no, I'm not done with my papers, exams, or projects, but since I spent my entire weekend at the Washington Nationals Park watching baseball, I feel like I should be! My hometown team, the Milwaukee Brewers, were in town for a 3 game series starting Friday night, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to break out my Brewers gear and enjoy the beautiful DC weather and some Cracker Jacks and hot dogs (they always taste better at the ballpark, don't they? maybe it's just me...).

Friday night was Jackie Robinson Night, celebrating the breaking of the color barrier in Major League Baseball back in 1947. Making the night extra special, my wonderful roomie Maura, as President of GW's Jackie Robinson Society, got the chance to deliever the line-up cards on the field before the game!

Jackie Robinson, Brooklyn Dodger (1947-1956)


Jackie Robinson Day @ Nationals Park!


Maura up on the scoreboard!


Maura meeting on the field with umpires, Nat's manager, and Brewers manager, Ken Macha!



My sister and I also went to Saturday's afternoon game with a bunch of our friends. A great part of Nat's Park for poor college students are the $10 day-of tickets! We went a half hour before the game and got seats up on the terrace with a great view!

View from our $10 seats! Not too shabby :)


Our group at the park.... don't worry, we were harassing Maura all day for wearing a Nats shirt...



On Sunday, GW's Student Activities Center (SAC) was offering left field bleacher seats (regularly $22) to students for $13, so naturally Christie and I couldn't pass up that opportunity! It was an awesome game, with the Brew Crew scoring 10 runs in the top of the 1st inning... a franchise record!

View from left field seats... thanks GDub!




One of my fav Brewers, Craig Counsell, hit a GRAND SLAM in the first inning!


It was a great weekend.. lots of baseball and sun! Now to finish my last paper of college... wish me luck! :)

~Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment