Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Six Days of Spring Break- Day #2

My friend Abby 
On the second day of Spring Break, my G-dub gave to me the afternoon off from giving tours. After giving quite a few tours the last few days, the break was quite nice.

Looking at different rowing
crews on the Potomac
My friend Abby, who is also giving StAR tours over Spring Break, and I had intended to go to the Air and Space Smithsonian to see our friend Paul at work and bike the Rock Creek Park trail as spring springs. After seeing an impressive presentation where Paul, an international affairs major, displayed his knowledge of the forces of weight, drag, lift and thrust, we went to a bike shop in Georgetown we had planned to rent bicycles from. However, the shop was closed Tuesday so after failed attempts to find another bike shop, we decided to walk the trails following the Potomac River and has just as much fun. Here are some pictures of us sitting by the Potomac while we watched rowers pass by and ate our snacks intended for the trail. It was the first time I have been on the trails by the Potomac and it is a resource I will have to take more advantage of this spring.
Looking at the Kennedy
Performing Arts Center

Back to work tomorrow :) I do also have some reading I will have to get done tomorrow for some of my classes so yes, I do have some homework over Spring Break. However, I plan to do some sight seeing again tomorrow and stay tuned to see where day 3 takes me.





If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me and see you tomorrow.

Peace, Love and Hippos,

Brandon
brmoore@gwmail.gwu.edu

P.S.- My mom texted me this picture. Apparently my puppy back in Austin, Bluebonnet, misses not having me around quite a bit this Spring Break. I'll see you soon enough Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment