Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Early Mornings in Gelman

Good morning!

Since I've been sleeping in so much lately, I figured that I could wake up early this morning and get some stuff done that would be necessary to do before class this morning. Basically, if I decided not to wake up, I would arrive today empty-handed :) I got out of bed at 8 AM which is early for me these days now that I only have 9:35 AMs and came to the library to roam the shelves for a literary journal to bring to English class.

My Creative Writing class utilizes the library a lot and it's really cool to see what we have to offer. For example, did you know that we had "The Southern Review: published quarterly at Louisiana State University"? This issue I picked up is entirely about baseball, and though I mostly picked it up because of the nicely printed picture on the cover. But it turns out everything sort of has a tie to baseball without being solely about baseball and that is really neat to me.
Example of current cover
 You can look at all the cool covers here.

I'm headed to class soon but enjoy my Gelman finds and check out the 3rd floor yourself to browse all the literary magazines!
marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment