Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Overdue Spring Break posting!

Hey everyone!

Apologies for my overdue blog post, I can't believe it's been nearly two weeks since Spring Break...it feels like it was only last week that I went to Miami to get away from the cold weather! Aside from my trip last year to Egypt, this was my first Spring Break where I travelled anywhere but home. My friends and I had planned to go to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) for break, but no one wanted to invest time into research and it was rather costly for the amount of people who wanted to go. As an alternative, my friend took the initative and researched a few cheap flights to Miami in December and found roundtrip tickets for $85 (inclusive of all fees!). This was clearly a steal and everyone booked their flights from there; it was awesome that we had our travel plans in place in early December (I suggest everyone to do the same for next year). Miami was absolutely amazing, everyday we'd wake up, spend 5 hours at the beach, have dinner, and go out to the various clubs and bars along South Beach and Coconut Grove. One of my friends convinced a bunch of us to buy tickets for a Miami Heat v. San Antonio Spurs game, it was extremely fun and a nice change of pace to our otherwise "mundane" routine! This was such a great break and left me with a memorable senior experience. -Serena

The ladies!
Boys will be boys
Take me back to 85 degree weather

No comments:

Post a Comment