Thursday, March 31, 2011

Curbside Cupcakes

Along with well known favorites such as Georgetown Cupcakes, the newly opened Sprinkles Cupcakes, and Baked and Wired, there is also Curbside Cupcakes, which is D.C.'s 1st mobile cupcake company. The company does exactly what their name suggests, their trucks drive around D.C., stopping at places to sell cupcakes. A while ago I signed up on their website to receive emails when one of the trucks will be near GW’s campus and I get one about once per week but until yesterday I had yet to actually go and get one. I was on my way back from class and I happened to be walking in the same direction, so I could not help myself, and I ended up buying 2 cupcakes, 1 red velvet for me and 1 German chocolate for my friend whose birthday is today. Today’s selection included Red Velvet, Almond Joy, Classic Chocolate, Classic Vanilla, Oatmeal Raisin, Carrot Cake, German Chocolate, and Dulce de Leche. As for price, they were comparable to any of the other specialty cupcakes in the area, $3.00.

As you can tell simply by the fact that I am posting this, I love cupcakes. Absolutely love them.
curbside cupcakes truck
delicious german chocolate and red velvet cupcakes

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment