Monday, March 21, 2011

My Spring Break

As of last night at 6:30pm, I am back on campus and spring break 2011 is officially over. I wish it was a little longer, but I can take comfort in the fact that there is only approximately a month left of the semester. About 6 weeks until it’s time to pack up all of my crap in my dorm. That makes me feel a lot better since this semester has probably been the hardest semester of my entire education so far.

Anyway, here is a little summary of my spring break. I flew home on Friday, the 11th, to Milwaukee and like I said I returned last night so I was home for 8 full days. I did not do anything exciting, just relaxed at home with my family for most of it and it was a welcome change from classes. On the first Saturday I was home, we went to my younger cousin’s birthday party and it was nice to see a lot of my extended family that I haven’t seen in quite a few months. I also spent time with a few of my friends from high school which was nice. Like I mentioned in my previous post, on St. Patrick’s Day I saw Gaelic Storm in concert at the Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee and enjoyed it greatly despite being sick. Within 4 days of being home, my younger sister managed to get me sick with what was most likely strep throat and I also managed to develop an ear infection. Even though I was sick, I still enjoyed spring break and how laid back my schedule was for an entire week.

I brought home an entire backpack worth of homework to do over break but I, of course, barely did any of it, instead opting to lounge around and watch TV and movies with my family. So, as a result, I am busy writing a paper and doing other homework that is due tomorrow. I am also currently popping a strip of bubble wrap to improve my mood while doing all this homework (I am addicted to popping bubble wrap!). Now it’s back to paper writing time.

Did you know: Last night at 7:21pm E.D.T marked the official start of spring. Today is the first full day of spring 2011.

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment