Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yummy Shamrock Shakes

So, for the month of March, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, McDonalds sells my favorite shake ever—the Shamrock Shake. A lot of people have never heard of them before, but let me tell you, they are ridiculously good. They are green, mint-flavored milkshakes and I can’t get enough of them. Back home, there is a McDonalds less than a mile from my house and so every single day during the month of March for my entire High School career, I would stop there either before or after school to get one. Yes, I know that sounds a little bit obsessive, but they are only sold for such a short time each year! I figure if I have enough of them to the point where I am sick of them by the end of the month, I won’t be as sad the rest of the year.

Now, they are sold at almost every McDonalds that I have been to in Wisconsin (and granted, I rarely eat there, if ever), but here in DC they are few and far between. Usually when I ask the cashiers out here, they look at me like I have lost my mind. You would think that since they work at a McDonalds that even though they do not sell them at their particular one, that they would know what they are, but they usually don’t. Last March, I think I only got a total of 2 out here in DC, but when I went home for spring break I got one every day. It is the same way this year. I went to a McDonalds the other day and they did not have them, but I went with few of my friends earlier today to a different McDonalds and they had them! As sad as this sounds, it made my crappy week a little better (I had 2 midterms, 2 papers due, a quiz, more homework, and 5 rough days of volleyball workouts/practices). It is even harder to find them out here because they really aren’t any McDonalds near campus. I cannot wait until I go home next week and I can have as many Shamrock Shakes as I want. In fact, I told my sister Vickie to have one in hand when she picks me up at the airport. We will see if she really does love me and keeps her promise.

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment