Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Belated St. Patrick’s Day!

Sorry this is a few days late, but I haven’t been feeling very well the last few days and haven’t been on my computer much. Better late than never! Here is how I spent my St. Patrick's Day:

Even though I am not at all Irish (well maybe like 0.1% if I really looked into it), I love St. Patrick’s Day. Everyone is in a great, celebratory mood while wearing vibrant shades of green—what’s not to love? During the afternoon, I didn’t do anything to exciting, just spent the day relaxing at home with my family. However, the day got more exciting later on. Every year on St. Patrick’s Day, my mom makes wonderful corn beef and cabbage and this year didn’t disappoint. Afterwards, I went with my sister Vickie to the Gaelic Storm concert at the Pabst in Milwaukee. This was my first time seeing them live in concert, but for the last several years they have been performing in Milwaukee both on St. Patrick’s Day and at Irish Fest during the summer. Vickie loves them (as you can tell by her old blog post here: http://gwadmissions.blogspot.com/2009/10/st-paddys-day-5-months-early.html) and tons of people from my high school are just as crazy about them.

It was a lot of fun and the entire place was sold out, filled with people dressed head to toe in green with St. Patrick’s Day themed hats (some were actually thrown on stage and worn by the band at one point) and necklaces, jumping around and dancing the night away. Even though I was sick and feeling under the weather, it was a wonderful way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. If you have never listened to Gaelic Storm, you are missing out and should start immediately (as they are just as enjoyable to listen to every other day of the year).

P.s. A song off of their new album, Cabbage, is the FREE Discovery Download on iTunes from last week. As of right now, it is still free, so go check it out before they start charging for it! The song is ‘Raised on Black and Tans.’

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment