Wednesday, October 28, 2009

St. Paddy's Day... 5 Months Early?

The other Sunday, my friends and I headed by Metro to the Strathmore in Maryland. The reason? To see Gaelic Storm, one of my favorite bands. Never heard of them? If you've seen Titanic, you've seen them- they were the Irish band at the steerage party.

Jack and Rose are dancing to Gaelic Storm!

And they are awesome in person! I've seen them 3 times now, and my favorite was probably on St. Paddy's Day this past March in Milwaukee.


Gaelic Storm in concert!

The whole audience, all 3 levels of them, got really into it and was dancing, clapping, and singing along!


 Definitely a great way to destress and have fun before midterms and start the week off right. And on the way out, we stumbled upon the line to meet the band and were 3rd in line!

Us with Gaelic Storm!

Like I said in a previous post, being in DC gives you a wealth of opportunities to get off campus and experience great shows, exhibits, and speakers. Getting to the concert was incredibly easy, as the Strathmore is less than a block from the Metro station at Grovesnor in Maryland!

Us on the Metro- Excited to see Gaelic Storm and take a break from studying!


Speaking of midterms, I'm all done with them. Yay! I have escaped relatively unscathed, which is always a good sign for finals. My classes are going well. Two standouts are definitely Psychology of Crime and Violence and my sociology class on Jackie Robinson. Psych has proven to be one of those few classes that I actually look forward to waking up for, which is a big compliment in my book... ask anyone, I'm NOT a morning person in amy sense of the word. I wish the class had a book so I could do reading, which I don't think I've ever said about a class. Jackie Robinson has also been very interesting, with speakers and movies almost every week. My only problem with it is its 7:10pm-9:40pm timeslot on Thursday nights.... two and a half hours late at night can be rough, but the topic keeps my attention, which says a lot haha.

Well, time to get back to research for my thesis... more on that later!

Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment