Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New York, New York

Last weekend, I took the Bolt Bus up to New York with a few friends from my summer internship.  The bus is a really cheap and convenient way to travel between DC and New York.  Personally, I prefer Amtrak, but it can be a little pricey, and our round trip bus ticket was only $36.  It took about 4 hours to get to New York, and the bus drops off right in front of Penn Station/Madison Square Garden.  There are several bus companies that run cheap trips between here and New York - Bolt Bus happens to be my favorite. 


I may not have mentioned this before, but I love New York!  I know it probably seems a little silly, but I've only visited a few times and each time I love it more than the last. That's why I'm focusing my job search in New York. I feel like this is a great time in my life to move there and try it out for a while. 


Anyway, we got to New York on Saturday afternoon so that we could go to a friend's birthday party on Saturday night.  The highlight of my weekend was this view:
We went to a bar that had the most amazing rooftop deck/garden, and this was the view.  Absolutely beautiful.


In a few weeks, I will be going back to New York for the Advertising Women of New York (AWNY) Career Conference.  I have been offered a generous scholarship to attend this event, which I think will be an incredible opportunity for me to meet people in the advertising industry in New York.  


But for this weekend, I'm staying here.  My mom is coming to visit and I can't wait! 


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment