Thursday, October 15, 2009

G'Day Mate

Welcome to GW! For those of you who do not know me, let me give you a small introduction. I am a junior studying political science with a focus in public policy and a minor in journalism and mass communications. I am a member of Student Global AIDS Campaign, Voices for Choices, and the Student Association. I hail from the south side of Chicago.
The most exiting thing about me is that I am in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA! I am currently studying abroad at the University of Sydney, one of the numerous options to study around the world at GW.
This blog is a place for me to inform you of the happenings at/surrounding GW. Since I am abroad it will be a little difficult to comment on events but I will do my best to provide you with the best information I can. Please do not hesitate to email me at kwollner@gwmail.gwu.edu with any questions/comments you might have. I am here to help you, and I love hearing from you.
To start with, I am going to share some of the great resources you can use to learn about GW:
The first is of course www.gwu.edu. The GW websites have recently undergone a huge revamping to help unify and organize the information. Explore a bit and learn about the Student Activities Center, GW Housing, and GWorld.
The GW Hatchet is an independent student newspaper bringing you up to date on events, controversies, and news at GW and in the Foggy Bottom area. You can find every archived issue of the Hatchet at gwhatchet.com.
You can also check out sites for the Student Association (our student government) at gwstudentassociation.com. Program Board is our main programming council putting on event such as Fall Fest and Relay for Life, and they are found at pb.gwu.edu.
I hope you find these sites helpful. Again, please email me with questions/comments about GW, college admissions, or anything really.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment