Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break Holdups

Of course, I can never take any type of transportation without a glitch. First it was Megabus from New York back to DC, and yesterday it was Amtrak from Seattle home to Portland. This weekend, once I got home to Portland, I traveled up to Seattle to visit a few friends who go to school at the University of Washington and Bellvue Community College.

It was a great weekend, including Pike Place Market (an infamous stop in Seattle), Whole Foods almond cookies, longboarding (I'm not good at all), Lord of the Rings, getting my ear pierced (very Northwest, I know), and hanging around eating good food!
Pikes Place
My new favorite almond crescent cookies
Now, I am safe and back in Portland but only after torrential downpours in the Northwest that led to mudslides on the railroad tracks. They arranged for buses to take us back to Portland which wasn't too bad except that I couldn't plug my computer in to do some homework. Oh well :)
marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment