Monday, March 28, 2011

My "Please come here!" Post

A friend of mine from high school just found out the other day that she got into GW!  She sent me an email asking me to sell her on the school, so I did my best to pitch GW the best I could with my favorite aspects of my beloved university.  It may seem like shameless pandering, but let it be known that I am 100% sincere in the following--so take it to heart and enjoy! 


~~~"I absolutely love it here, and obviously I'll tout DC til the end.  One of my favorite things about GW is that it's 100% without a doubt THE MOST ingrained university into the city.  It's an urban campus for sure, but you can still tell very easy when you're on campus and when you've ventured off.  And it's so simple to hop on the metro and go anywhere you want!  No shuttles or anything annoying like that--makes interning super easy, as well as actually escaping the school bubble to discover the city in which you live.  People leave Foggy Bottom often, you never feel stuck on campus or confined to a few city blocks.  

Also our dorms are really big and have a lot of commodities most don't have.

Also the student body is really involved and intelligent--there are people who work hard and do little else, people who party hard and work just as hard, and people who party sometimes and work hard, but working hard is ALWAYS in the mix.  I've discussed that with a lot of people and they agree.  You're among a really ambitious, worldly, and educated bunch, and it's easy to find people just as passionate about the things you are.

Also the World Bank is right off campus.
Also the IMF is right off campus. 
Also the State Department is right off campus.
Also THE WHITE HOUSE is 3 blocks from campus.

It's just really cool here."~~~

I had to add that stuff at the end, am I right?  I mean, those are really big selling points!  I hope you keep reading my posts and don't think I'm just trying to fluff up GW and not tell the truth, this is really how I feel about my school.  Everyone should like the college they pick as much as I like it here, so just go out there and make sure you pick what's right for YOU!

Send me emails asking whatever--I love answering!
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment