Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Affinity Housing

Housing announcements were announced today--but guess what?  I've known my housing assignment for next year since about a month ago!  How does that work?  I made a spur of the moment decision about a month and a week ago to join a friend of mine in her Amsterdam Hall quad!  She and another friend of mine decided to join an affinity housing group, so next year the three of us will be living in the affinity group for the Muslim Student Association!

You don't have to be Muslim to live in our affinity group (in fact 2 of us out of the 4 girls in the room aren't!), but there are certain guidelines to follow so that all those living in our hall are comfortable with the living environment.  And we're not the only affinity group who got primo housing for next year, AND knew ahead of time--certain sports teams, LLCs, and other organizations snagged some great spots, too.

Here's the floorplan for my room:

    

... but I'm still not ready for this year to be over just yet.  So I won't say I'm excited for this now (even though I kinda am!)

Email if you'd like!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

1 comment: