Thursday, January 28, 2010

Welcome Back Week

One of my favorite activities on campus every year are the Welcome Week festivities in September and the Welcome Back Week in January. These weeks always feature an assortment of events, from free buses to Target to free breakfast on the first day of classes to a school-wide student organization fair and lots of fun in between!


This year's events (my last Welcome Back Week :( ) did not disappoint. On my last first day of classes at GW, there was a seniors-only breakfast at the Alumni House, which was a great way to get the semester started (especially since it forced me to wake up in plenty of time for my first class :) ) 

In my opinion though, the best part this year was the 
special "Showtime Sunday", held at Tonic, 



a restaurant/bar on campus, during the 
Green Bay Packers-Arizona Cardinals game 
which featured food and drink specials! 


Aaron Rodgers going in for a touchdown!


Although the game didn't end quite the way I wanted (Rodgers was facemasked!!!), it was still a ton of fun hanging out with friends on campus and cheering for my team.

- Vickie


No comments:

Post a Comment