Sunday, January 17, 2010

And the waiting begins...

I know you are all anxiously awaiting to hear your decisions from GW and all of your schools.  This is a time of anxiety and no control over what happens next.  I want to let you know things will all work out how they are meant to be and as long as all of your documents are submitted there is no reason to get worked up.  I have been answering emails in the office and a common one is explaining that many applicants were not able to get their last documents in or postmarked on the 10th (it was a Sunday). We understand if you sent something out on Monday that it would be a little late.  Your application will not be hindered because you sent it a day late.  Please keep checking your Activity Center portal to make sure all of your documents have been recieved and processed.  And note that it may take up to two weeks after we have recieved them in the office to file them in your account.  Be patient.  We have over 20,000 applications and we are working as fast as we can.

In other news, housing applications are beginning to open up already for continuing students.  GW recently opened a new residence hall for senior called South Hall and since there is such a high demand for this building GW Housing opens the application early.  Now I am not sure what I am doing for housing next year quite yet.  I am applying to be a House Proctor (GW's RA) in a freshmen hall, but I will not hear a decision about that until Feburary or so.  My friend and I have talked about moving off campus as well.  So I have a lot of logistics to work out before I definitly say I am applying for housing.

Housing applications are all electronic now as well.  Once you are a GW student you can log into you housing portal to apply for housing, request roommates, and see your booking.  As a freshmen your roommates are based off of a questionarre you fill out.  This includes basic questions such as are you a smoker, do you stay up late or wake up early, do you mind having guests in your room and other logical questions when matching up a living situation.

Thats all for now.  I will be back soon!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment