Friday, January 22, 2010

2nd Semester Musings

So many things are happening in my life now!

1) Jersey Shore is over!!! :(
------  I kinda hate to admit it, but I was an avid viewer of this show!  And now it's over and the fun jokes will fade and it's kinda sad!  No one saying "The Situation" or using Jersey jargon or saying "Schnookers" and all other denominations of "Snookie" and I'll miss it!  In the meantime, check this out:  It's HILARIOUS!!!




2)  Tonight is the Strong Hall Formal!  Not that big a deal, but I get to wear my new gold glitter pumps.  Yeah--get excited, folks!  (I'll put up pictures once I get them from people!)

3)  I am now in a loving, committed, 100% healthy, one-sided relationship with Jay Sean.  Don't even worry about it...
----- I'm not even THAT obsessed.  Promise!  But when my friends find out I like someone (like a celebrity or politician or what have you) they assume I'm obsessed.  It's the same with President Obama.  It's just a thing, I dunno.

4)  I'm loving my English class (Faulkner & Morrison)!  Take it, if you can.  Professor Schreiber is so great!  She's really nice, and down to earth.  She wrote a book, and DIDN'T force the class to buy it or even read it.  (Though I actually want to.)  She references bits and pieces here and there, and photocopies other parts, but I find it really cool that she doesn't cram her ideas down the throats of her students.  Not many professors are like that--for the most part if they write a book, you gotta get it, and that's all you're tested on.  I dunno, I'm not gonna rant about a professor I barely know yet, but so far I'm quite happy with this class.

5)  ... I think that's it.  Second semester is great so far!  Work is really fun and I feel so important, even though I know I'm not.  Don't worry, my head isn't getting TOO big.

And of course, keep those emails coming!  Shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment