Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Almost There!

It's the new year!  The new decade!  2010!  And it doesn't feel too different.  Ah, well.  It's January 6th, which means that I've got just a few days til I'm back to GW.

Today, I decided to go back to my high school to visit past teachers and friends.  Being there is so surreal—such a weird feeling.  Like, I’m moving forward so quickly and things are just sorta ambling along back home.  VERY little has changed, which is why I’m more than happy that I’m not there anymore!  I miss it at times and I’m nostalgic a lot, but I DO NOT want to be back in high school. 

So it’s the day that they all (at the H.S.) get back from their Winter break, so it was a lazy day.  I was thinking of coming the day before break, which is basically one big party, but I was busy so I decided to take advantage of the day with less traffic from past students such as myself.

On top of that, I got to be a drawing model!  Last year I was in AP studio art, and we traditionally do figure drawings (not nude, don't worry) in the week after Winter break, because it fits in the lesson plans AND because old students can be taken advantage of as models.  And now it was my turn to be a returning student turned model!  I had also modeled for my own classmates a bit last year, but this time I was the big cheese!  It made me feel quite important.  I’m trying to get the pictures that were drawn, if the kids allow me to post them I’ll show you all that crazy talent.  They work hard in that class.  Trust me, I know--it was grueling!!!  Seeing their stuff makes me wanna take a drawing class next semester.  I think my schedule is too full though.  But maybe in the Fall!  Here’s hoping!  I've found that art classes fill up quickly here.

I think that’s all I got to say.  It’s a new year!  Whatta rush!

As always, send your questions on any topic at all to:  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu
<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment