Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lazy Snow Day!




   IT SNOWED TODAY!!!!!!!!!! Because I'm from California, I always get really excited when it snows. For some reason, snow makes me feel like the cold weather is worth it. Today I woke up early and played in the little patch of snow on my balcony in City Hall. Once I got back into my room it wasn't long before I started feeling restless. The thing about a snow day is that once the novelty of  snow being everywhere runs out, you're not really sure what to do with yourself...and you're probably wet. To keep from boring myself to death, I went to Siz-ex (Sizzling Express) for lunch with a couple of friends. Siz-ex is a buffet-style restaurant in Columbian Plaza (that takes Gworld), they also have food that is made-to-order and a bar. Going out to eat is always a nice alternative to lounging around my dorm all day, and lounging was much more fun because I didn't have to do it alone. Afterwards I watched the snowfall from my friends room in the new dorm, South Hall. They have floor to ceiling windows in the living room so they have an amazing view.


   We came back to my room and watched "Angels and Demons" for the first time, which I actually loved. I haven't seen "The Da Vinci Code," and I sort of side-stepped all the hysteria surrounding the movies and the books so it was exciting to get wrapped up in the story without knowing anything about it. Because I write a lot of fiction, it was interesting to see such an intricate story play out on film and the way the screenwriter reconciled the text with the visual experience of the story (Can you believe they let Tom Hanks near all those historical sites!). Now I feel inspired to write which is good because I have a story due next week that I've been putting off for a while.
    After the movie I watched youtube videos for a good part of the afternoon (don't judge me) and ordered pizza for dinner. I planned on going to see a student play tonight, but judging by the weather, I don't think it's the greatest idea. There are a few parties happening in City Hall later tonight which is nice because it's freezing outside and heels and snow do not go together. Even if I don't make it out tonight I have good company and plenty of Gossip Girl to catch up on.

Here's something I found from Family Guy while surfing youtube...


'Til next time
Ekiria
Magalae@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment