Monday, January 11, 2010

My First GW Spring!

The first day of classes was unusual, to say the least.  I only had one class today: Principles of Economics with the intelligent yet lovable Robert Trost!  After this week, I'll have my internship after class, but I start work on Wednesday this week, so today promised to be a slow and lazy day.

As it turns out, it was slower and lazier than I thought it would be!  Not even 30 minutes into class, the fire alarm went off in Funger Hall, and we all had to hurry out!  As we were leaving, Professor Trost called out, "Come back Wednesday!" so we were free to go!

I was ecstatic that I had a even more time to get re-acclimated with campus and to fix up my room and whatnot.  Right as I got back to my dorm and settled down, I realized I left my hat (and my favorite one, to boot) on my seat in class!  It was truly one of those, "I hate myself" moments.  So I had to go back and stand on the sidewalk in the bitter cold til the building was cleared.  Luckily, I got my favorite brown beret back, and all was right with the world.

So yeah, first day of classes wasn't too shabby.  I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes!

Keep those emails coming!  You don't even know how much I enjoy reading and answering them!  Needless to say, it inflates my ego, though that's probably something I can do without...  Nevertheless, keep emailing!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment