Friday, January 15, 2010

Syllabus Week? I'll believe it when I see it...

A word of advice: don't get caught up in the hype that the first week of a semester can cause.  It could be damning!  So many people thought they could coast the first week and just hang around and party but it's soooo not true!

I know for me at least, I had a hell of a lot of work this week!  Don't get me wrong, I still had plenty of fun and I got to catch up with everyone I missed over break, but I needed to budget my time wisely!  And I know I'm not the only one.

On another hand, I've started fulfilling my New Year's resolutions!  My friends and I decided that we're going to take advantage of DC more this semester.  Being tourists, going to new restaurants and hot spots, and just seeing the sights!  

So my buddy's friend from home was in town for the weekend, and we took her out on the town in proper DC fashion!  We hit up the National Portrait Gallery, which is a must-see because it's got all those historical paintings you've seen in textbooks and such, but in REAL LIFE!  Then we visited the Crime & Punishment Museum, which is too fun.  You may walk in and think like, "$20 admission?  Eh, I'll pass..."  But don't!  It's totally worth it!  That may have been the highlight of the weekend, the girls and I took a zillion pictures and it's educational but not a drag!  Also, they film the show America's Most Wanted there, and you can see the studio which is super cool.

I'll keep you updated on all my further DC excursions!  We're planning on the International Spy Museum and the Newseum soon.

And email me!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu with ANY questions.

<3 Shireen


No comments:

Post a Comment