Monday, January 11, 2010

Move-In Day!


I just completed the two-hour drive from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to Washington DC.  It is always exciting to go back and see all the things that have changed.  I have changed somewhat and met many new friends aboard, but it is great to see familiar faces all around campus.  GW may seem like a big school (and one without a “real” campus), but after a while numerous faces in the crowd seem to stick out and special memories mark every street and building. 

I am living in Philip Amsterdam Hall (formerly New Hall) this semester; it is located on the same block as the gym (Lerner Health and Wellness).  Unfortunately, when I walked in the room it looked like it had been completely trashed.  There was dirt and dust everywhere and everything was misplaced.  I think there was a problem with organizing the cleaning since I am moving in during the middle of the year.  Someone in the room next door had the same problem, and when the house staff came to their room, I just asked if they could clean my room as well.  They said that it would not be a problem.  I left to grab a bite to eat and when I came back the room was all clean and I was finally ready to move in. 

Later tonight, I plan to go to Tonic to see some student bands perform on the third floor lounge.  It’s a nice space and for the kick-off of the series they are have free appetizers.  There is almost always free food to be found on campus and all you have to do is go to events.  It’s great way to eat cheap at GW.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment