Monday, January 25, 2010

Get Involved at GW

I know I often talk about my student organizations, so i thought it would be appropriate to pass along some resources to find student organizations at GW.

First, watch this video created by GW. (You will notice that I am in it.) It gives a short student prespective on the different features of GW's campus life.



And if you are friends with GW Undergraduate Admissions on Facebook you can find an even longer video that includes students talking about the city, athletics, and academics.

Student organizations are all a part of the Student Association which is our form of student government.  The SA allocates money to student orgs based on past budgets or a set amount for new orgs.  They also can cosponsor events hosted by student orgs.  This means that the event will receive an allotted amount of money for that event. You can learn more about the SA at gwstudentassociation.com but I have explained the basics.

The Student Association is then under the Student Activites Center which is a main department on campus.  SAC is a great resource for orgs because they do much of the financial paper work required such as sending students refund checks and things.  They also have a complete list of organizations at their website.

I encourage everyone to take a list at the opportunities through SAC and other student organizations.  I beleive this is an essential part of any student's GW tenure.

Don't forget, if you have any questions you can email me!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment