Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Zoo!

Shameful as it seems, in all my childhood visits to DC and in over two years of living here, I still hadn't been to the National Zoo until today!  So finally at long last, I went to see the pandas and all the other little critters at the zoo with my aunt and cousins.  Here are a few pictures!





I hope the pandas are happy, they seemed a bit sluggish when I saw them.  Their natural habitat is chilly, so DC heat can't be their cup of tea.  I always wonder about zoo animals--while they're usually cared for by hard-core animal lovers who study zoology and biology and environmental studies and the like for years to be able to work with animals, I really don't think captivity is the route they would have chosen in life!  But that's a debate for another day and another place.  Oh well.

Email me with questions and comments!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment