Monday, August 1, 2011

It's AUGUST?!

I can't believe it just hit me- August 1st. Where has the summer gone? I only have a little less than 3 short weeks before I embark to Chile. I just have started to think about what I need for study abroad. Because I will be traveling to the Southern hemisphere, my summer will recommence which is a bonus until December while it's raining in Portland and gray in DC.
Hellloooo, Atacama Desert!
What's left to do in preparation:

  • Do homework (ew, yes, my study abroad is making me write a paper in Spanish before arrival)
  • Buy a voice recorder for interviews during my independent study project
  • Stuff my backpacking backpack with enough clothing to survive until December, including hip clothes because Birkenstocks and tie dye aren't as popular in Chile as they are here...
  • Clean my room- summer has destroyed it :)
  • Finish up my internships on a high note
  • Get my hair cut so it doesn't look crazy upon return
Basically, I don't have too much to do except really pack and think through all the little travel necessities, like which purse to bring and what back up medication to bring (Pepto Bismol? Advil? etc). I don't want to buy little packages of everything so I might as well just pack smaller packets from home!

I am excited to head out soon but will enjoy my last few weeks in Portland. Hopefully I can keep you all more updated- somehow, the relaxed and calm Portland lifestyle has kept me away from the computer (which is a positive in my life but a negative for blogging!).
The park behind my house (amazing)
Looking forward to your questions! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment