Friday, August 5, 2011

Ocean Beaches!

After work yesterday, I left with my family to drive an hour and a half away from Portland towards the coast to beautiful Manzanita, Oregon. Every summer, we try to rent a small house along the coast and spend a long weekend there to relax and hang out. It ends up always being a blast because we have certain things we always do in town and we team up into teams to make dinners. Now that we have a new puppy (she's 2 years old now!!), it's also really fun to take her out running and watch her go crazy in the sand, chasing birds.
The coastline along Manzanita
The tiny grocery store and deli
Beautiful sunset!
It was a really beautiful day here yesterday and hopefully will continue to be a beautiful weekend! Wherever you guys are, I hope it's also sunny! This trip to the beach is so symbolic to me as a return to fall and to school, so it's strange that this summer it signifies my new adventure abroad in a completely different setting for school.

As always, questions are welcome! I'm bored over here in Oregon! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

1 comment: