Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Unrelated Smithsonians

I forgot I wanted to blog about what I did yesterday, too!

So yesterday, I was sight-seeing a bit with my friend's younger cousin from Venice.  A bit convoluted, right?  Yeah, we're all family here, it seems.  The deal was that my friend had to go to her classes, so while she was incapacitated, I took her cousin museum-hopping.

She really wanted to see the Air and Space Museum since they don't really have those in Italy, and I decided that we should also see the Native American Indian Museum because they DEFINITELY don't have those in Italy.  I had already been to the A&S and took pictures of all the planes and shuttles and whatnot, but here are some shots of aviation-related artwork they had up that I really liked:



Aren't those cool?  I like the idea of art based on NASA and flying and shuttles and whatnot. And here are some pictures of modern art created by Native Americans.



Aren't they gorgeous?  I loved that part of the museum.  I don't usually like modern art so that was a treat!  

Let me know if you like my pictures!  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment