Sunday, August 7, 2011

Student Org Offices

At GW, every student organization is entitled to an office in the Marvin Center, our main hub for student life, as long as that org has a sufficient, active membership.  (And as long as we fill out a bunch of paperwork at the end of each year... but I digress.)

I'm now president of 2 different student orgs: The Global Language Network, and Voices for Choices.  Look us up!  Join!  Click those links!!!




Shameless pandering aside, my new executive position in these organizations also means a lot of extra work.  A WHOLE LOT.  For one, I've had to reorganize the GLN office this past weekend--and believe me, it took all weekend, and two:  I have to *move* the VFC office.

I'm not sure why, exactly, but for some reason VFC's office was moved to another location right around the corner.  And because of this, I have to basically move everything VFC has garnered in the almost 10 years of it's existence to a new home.  The Co-Presidents from last year, angels that they are, are helping me, but it's still quite an endeavor!

Unfortunately, the org that currently possesses our office hasn't moved yet!  So we're likely in someone else's spot too, since we can't move either!  It's a vicious cycle.

Also, I've got to say this new office is a downgrade.  The old one was right in the main hallway, and had windows (not to outside, but to the hall.)  It was also shared with only 2 other orgs, but the new one is shared with 5!  Our cubicle may be slightly larger, but I'd still prefer the other place.  It was like home!

It seems this blog was mostly me complaining, but I really am super excited for my new leadership positions.  I've got a lot of initiatives planned for both groups, and I'll definitely keep you guys posted on all my updates!  The momentum of moving/organizing the offices isn't stopping anytime soon, so join the ride and look into GLN and VFC!!!

... ok, so I wasn't done promoting myself.  So sue me!

Email me at shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu only if you want to join either of my orgs.  Not really.  But it wouldn't hurt!

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment