Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Politico Summer School

Today, I went to another Politico event at the Newseum!  (Here's the link to my post on the last one!)  This one was geared specifically towards interns, and was aptly named Politico Summer School!  It was pretty cool to be around my fellow future-important people, though I'll admit the last event was quite a bit more cool if you ask me.  EVERYONE there seemed important!

However, this one had a longer set list of VIPs.  Chuck Todd of NBC was there, as well as Jennifer Psaki, White House Deputy Communications Director, and Sergio Rodriguera, chief speechwriter for House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

The premise for the event was that everyone who has made it in DC started out as an intern.  They gave us helpful tips to turn our internships into careers, and to diversify our experience in the political/journalistic world.  Most of the event was a Q&A with the panel, which was cool because it was interactive and informative without the bigwigs talking at us, you know?  Us lowly interns felt like we were really on the same level as the specials!

Here's the Newseum!
Here's Politico's own coverage of the event (No video this time, sorry!  They transmitted it live but I couldn't find a recording)

Hope you like hearing about my expeditions in DC bigwig awesomeness!  Cause I'm not going back to non-socialite life anytime soon!

... so kidding.  I'm still a normal.


Anyway, email me, as usual, at: shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen



No comments:

Post a Comment