Monday, August 29, 2011

My Weekend (DC Challenge Results)

Hello again! I am here to report back on my volleyball team’s success this past weekend in the annual DC Challenge Tournament! On Friday night, we headed over to American University to play them in their home opener in front of 2,155 fans, which apparently, was the biggest collegiate volleyball crowd in DC history. GW prevailed winning 3 games to 1, despite the deafening crowd attempting to rattle us. The following morning, we took on George Mason, this time with a home court advantage. Again, we prevailed in 4 games and it feels wonderful to begin our games at GW with a win (and therefore begin our home winning streak for the season!). Because of the impending Hurricane Irene, our Saturday evening match, the highly anticipated one vs. Georgetown, was canceled. Actually, more like postponed but another date has yet to be chosen for the match. Once it is rescheduled, I will let you know because the more fans the better (especially at our home matches)!

Next, we play Howard tomorrow night (Tuesday, August 30) at 7pm at GW. For easy reference, here is a list of all our home matches:

Tuesday, Aug. 30 vs Howard 7pm

Friday, Sept. 2 vs. UNC Wilmington 7pm

Saturday, Sept. 3 vs. North Carolina Central 12pm

                       and vs. Central Connecticutt 7pm

Saturday Oct. 1 vs. Charlotte 7pm

Friday, Oct. 7 vs. Dayton 7pm

Sunday, Oct. 9 vs. Xavier 1pm

Friday, Oct. 14 vs. Fordham 7pm

Sunday, Oct. 16 vs. Rhode Island 1pm

Friday, Nov. 4 vs. SLU 7pm

Saturday, Nov. 5 vs. Duquesne 7pm

Since we are having so many home matches within one week (6), the rest of my family came out to visit and watch my games. They arrived this past Friday, are staying all week, and don’t depart until this coming Sunday. It is nice to have them here in DC for over an entire week (since I left home already almost a month ago), although I can’t spend all day with them because of classes and volleyball practices. It is especially nice to have my own cheering section at this week’s games.

Today also marked the first day of school! Thankfully, I only have one class on Mondays so today wasn’t too difficult to transition back into school mode. Tomorrow might be harder when I have 4 classes-ouch. I will discuss my class schedule in an upcoming post. That’s it for now, I should begin to prepare for my long day tomorrow.

Feel free to email me with any questions! cbgraf@gwmail.gwu.edu

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment