Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back on Campus.

Hello, all!

Well, I am FINALLY back home here at good old GW and I'm blogging now from my UNBELIEVABLE suite in the lovely sophomore dorm West End. Once I get around to uploading the pictures from my iPhone, I will post so you can see the wonderful place I now get to call home. :)

As you may imagine, the first few days here on campus have been very choatic. With the hurricane drama, I ended up coming down to the district on Friday and unloading everything during a beautiful summer day. The sensation of being back on campus, walking around the streets again and re-remembering the nooks and crannies and shortcuts, is truly indescribable. But unfortunately, I haven't just been able to sit back and adore being back, I've been unbelievably busy!

As part of this year's Forbidden Planet Production (my theatre company)'s board, I was asked to participate in a number for Welcome Week Showcase. I remember my own experience at Showcase last year on the first Monday of Welcome Week, seeing all the performance groups strut their stuff for the first time. I think that was the moment I realized I couldn't not be part of student theatre here. Hopefully, we'll have the same effect on the new freshmen, as we've been working hard to impress. Despite Irene's wrath we had two hours-long rehearsals, but it is truly worth it to be back with the company and performing again. We've put together a really tremendous re-vamped and 80's themed Time Warp, so PLEASE come on down to Lisner tomorrow at 7 and check us out (we're in the second act!)

Outside of rehearsal, there is also a board meeting tonight, I have been fighting endlessly with GW1X since I do terribly with both technology and change and now they are combined, and we've been checking out the new eateries. With the addition of the new Square 54 hotspot, we have gained Circa, Sweet Green and Roti here on campus, all of which have been fabulous. And lucky for me, they're right across the street! Whole Foods is slated to open September 6, and I am a bit too excited to be able to grab groceries directly across the street from me. Despite how busy it is here, things could not be better in my great new dorm with my tremendous roommates and being back at my favorite place. We could not have a better setup here.

How are your first few days going? Talk to me at gmdepalo@gwmail.gwu.edu. Classes begin tomorrow, and I have a lot in store for the next few days. Can't wait to bring you all along for the ride!

See you on campus,
Gina Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment